■Traditional Black Captoe Oxford.
A traditional black cap-toe Oxford is a classic and timeless style of men’s dress shoe. Here are some key features and characteristics of this type of shoe:
- Color: The shoe is typically black, making it versatile and suitable for formal occasions, business attire, and even some semi-formal events.
- Toe Style: The term “cap-toe” refers to the additional layer of leather that covers the toe area. This cap can be a separate piece of leather stitched onto the front of the shoe, creating a distinct and elegant appearance.
- Style of Shoe: The Oxford is a closed lacing shoe, meaning that the eyelets (the holes for the shoelaces) are stitched under the vamp (the front part of the shoe). This gives Oxfords a sleek and formal look.
- Lacing: Oxfords typically have a low heel and a straight line of eyelets, contributing to their polished and formal aesthetic.
- Material: Traditional black cap-toe Oxfords are often made from high-quality leather, providing durability and a polished appearance. Calfskin is a common choice for a refined and smooth texture.
- Versatility: Black cap-toe Oxfords are considered a staple in a man’s wardrobe, as they can be worn with a wide range of formal and business attire. They pair well with suits, tuxedos, and dress trousers.
- Occasions: These shoes are especially appropriate for formal events such as weddings, black-tie affairs, job interviews, and any situation where a polished and sophisticated look is required.
Remember that shoe styles may vary slightly among different brands, and personal preferences can influence the choice of details such as the type of leather, sole design, and specific construction methods. Investing in a high-quality pair of traditional black cap-toe Oxfords is often seen as a wise decision due to their timeless style and versatility in various formal settings.
Our Ready to Wear line has been developed from our experience in bespoke shoemaking, applying our knowledge of last making and shoemaking to offer you our handmade approach to the craft. Each shoe is hand lasted and hand welted and features many of the same elements for which our bespoke shoes are known.