- Don’t postpone special moments. Each opportunity presents itself only once. If you don’t embrace it, it’s lost forever. Life is a question of now or never.
- Live as if this were going to happen only once in your life. That’s why it’s inspiring to greet and say goodbye to our loved ones with “Ichigo ichie,” to make us aware of the unique and once-in-a-lifetime nature of each meeting.
- Dwell in the present. Journeys into the past and the future are often painful and nearly always useless. You can’t change what happened. You can’t know what will happen. But here in this moment, all the possibilities in the world are alive.
- Do something you’ve never done before. As Einstein said, you can’t do the same thing over and over and expect different results. Another way of achieving an unforgettable moment is by giving yourself over and allowing something new to blossom inside you.
- Practice seated meditation. You can sit on a meditation cushion or just sit down and observe the miracle of life. The simple fact of stepping away from the daily whirlwind of hurry and obligations will open the doors to well-being.
- Apply mindfulness to your five senses. Train yourself in the art of listening, watching, touching, tasting, and smelling to give each moment the richness of human perception. This will also allow you to be more alert to others and increase your level of empathy and influence.
- Notice coincidences. Being aware of coincidences helps us get better at reading signs sent by the universe. A journal in which we keep notes of these moments of daily magic will increase our ability to follow the invisible threads of reality.
- Make every gathering a party. Don’t wait for the right circumstances—a vacation, a trip, a birthday—to experience extraordinary things. With the right frame of mind, every day can be a celebration.
- If you don’t like what there is, make something different. Human beings are transformative by nature and have the power to reinvent themselves as many times as it takes. If your reality is too dull and predictable to live with ichigo ichie, you have the opportunity to create another.
- Be a hunter of special moments. As with any activity, the more you practice, the better and more abundant the results will be.
The creation of handmade luxurious bespoke shoes at Ichigo-Ichie Shoemaker
At Ichigo-Ichie Shoemaker, 100% of your orders would be made manually by our skillful artisan and premium, elevated materials. We say no to mass-production utilizing machinery to as we are devoted to uniqueness and meticulous craftmanship – which could never be offered by machines. We attribute the whole manual process to only one artisan, from counselling customers to exact foot measurement, leather selection, shoes patterns, shape and structure, cutting, sewing, refining, finishing and packaging.
The first step in creating an astonishing pair of bespoke shoes is to select an appropriate type of leather for your shoes to assure the desired look and durability. We offer high-class leather originating from many countries in the world (England, Italy, Japan, etc.), which is noticeably aromatic and pleasant to clients.
Next up, the shoemaking process starts with the creation of a one-to-one perfect fitting. At Ichigo-ichie Shoemaker, we commit to the product’s absolute wearability by assuring an impeccable structure and fitting. Our mold is built from 600 precise measurements of Japanese customers’ foot. Hence, our bespoke shoes offer a perfect heel-to-toe fit, underfoot comfortability, stability and additional support for your casual everyday wear.
Then, shoes’ insoles and welts would go through a conventional “Hand Sewn Welted” process. We value hand-sewn process over machines as we appreciate and preserve the nature and property of a bespoke handmade fine product. Additionally, hand-sewn insole allows the shoes to age well and create desired patina, adding more characteristics to the shoes as you wear them.
Each piece of leather we use represents the unique and rich heritage of tradition of the country it comes from, constituting the ideology and aesthetic of bespoke shoes. Not only does a pair of bespoke shoes embody the personal characteristics and styling preference of the clients, but it reflects the efforts and meticulous craftmanship of our artisans. It is definitely exhilarating to lace up a pair of shoes that is exclusively made in accordance with your ideas. We strive to create the best-quality shoes that distinguish your personal values from others. Contact us now for a customized luxurious pair of shoes that checks all your boxes and sharpens up your look.
What Is Ichigo Ichie? 10 Rules Of The Japanese Way To Happiness
Ichigo ichie can be translated as, “Once, a meeting” and also as “In this moment, an opportunity.” What this means to tell us is that each meeting, everything we experience, is a unique treasure that will never be repeated in the same way again. So if we let it slip away without enjoying it, the moment will be lost forever.
Becoming aware of ichigo ichie helps us take our foot off the gas and remember that each morning we spend in the world, every moment we spend with our children and with our loved ones is infinitely valuable and deserves our full attention.
The cultivation and practice of ichigo ichie will allow you to lead a happier, more fulfilled life, without feeling weighed down by the past or anxious about the future. You’ll learn to live fully in the present, acknowledging and appreciating the gift of every moment.
Here are the 10 principles that sum up this Japanese philosophy:
Adapted from The Book of Ichigo Ichie, published by Penguin Books, an imprint of Penguin Publishing Group, a division of Penguin Random House, LLC. Copyright © 2019 by Héctor García and Francesc Miralles.